Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Gotta love the rain...

Monday, April 16, 2018

Weather.  I sure love to whine about it.  And that’s good because it’s so productive and works wonders making it better and more to my liking.  I say it’s been a weird winter, but that would assume there is something that would be considered normal.  There isn’t, so quit bitching.

Sooooo…Friday, it was 80 and Saturday, it hit the high sixties, but began to rain.  And when I woke up Monday morning, it was still raining and my roof was leaking.  Oh…and it had dropped into the thirties.  All day Sunday I waited for it to let up because I’d walked over 20K steps on six consecutive days and wanted to continue the streak.  I thought with some rain gear and an umbrella, Dakota and I could get in a good one.  But it never even pretended to let up and so I resigned myself to an easy day.  I did manage another Paleo eating day, though I broke down and had toast with my omelet for breakfast.  I’m down ten pounds and I wanted toast.

Yesterday dried up after the early morning drizzles, but flooding was occurring throughout the Cuyahoga and Chagrin River valleys – including road closures near my home.  I stopped to check out the put-in point for my kayaking at Russell Park and found the road was gone and the river twenty feet up the drive.

Dakota didn’t care about the wet, muddy conditions and so once I arrived home, we suited up and headed out for a long hike.  I stayed off the trails, which would be ankle deep in mud, and put some extra steps in climbing the closed section of Everett Road.  My step total was high, but my heart rate never got much above 80 and I longed for a hard ride.

The forecast continues to look bleak for riding.  Snow is again in the forecast and I’ve left the plow blade on the truck at work.  That’s right…April is two-thirds over and I’m still thinking about plowing.  Well…when winter leaves for good I’m sure I will put myself in the best condition of my life.  I’m charged up to ride hard, climb bleachers with a pack and tackle some big goals this fall.  Weather…I’ll show it…in June?
Hike: 90 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 70 - 80 bpm.
Calories Burned: 525
Bonus: 24,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment