Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day two...


Tuesday, December 6, 2016
It worked.  It DEFINITEY worked!
I had reached the end of the day, a day filled with outdoor, tiring work.  And I was chilled.  On such days and after eating a dinner over the past several months, I would think it was time to just vegetate.  I wanted to and I was close to doing it, but I thought about this blog and what I’d written the day before and so I went and donned my riding outfit, put the trainer in the middle of the family room, tuned into an episode of ‘Shameless’ and began to ride.
I felt something unusual in my right knee as I rode, but was determined to ride the forty minutes I’d told myself I was going to do.  I’ve been adding five minutes to each ride over the last two weeks, but giving my knee a day off between rides.  So far, it’s worked.  I made it to the forty-minute mark easily and could have gone until the end of the show, but why take the chance?  I’ll do forty-five minutes the next time out.
I went to Heinens and bought quinoa, turkey meat, and loads of vegetables and made my special, low-fat concoction, which I just call quinoa.  I made enough that I can scoop some into a container each morning and take it to work for lunch for a week.  Time for paleo-like eating to go with the exercise.  The next step is to get my under-toned butt back to the park and into the Survival Workout.

Bike duration: 40 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 600.
Bonus: 10,000 steps.

2 comments: